Dubai forum to boost retail network
Dubai, November 28, 2012
Equipping retailers with the best infrastructure backend support and systems to give more in terms of pricing, quality and reach to the region’s consumers will form the agenda for an upcoming forum in Dubai.
Over 150 leading retail delegates and industry experts will share best practices at the Middle East Retail Forum (MRF) running on December 5 and 6 at Ritz Carlton DIFC.
Hosted by Images RetailME, the regions only retail business magazine, forum will also include the annual Retail Middle East Awards 2012, which will take place at a gala dinner held on the evening of 5th December where the winners across varied retail categories will be announced.
“Retail is instrumental to the economic growth in the Middle Eastern region and having a genuine platform like the Middle East Retail forum only motivates the industry to do better,” said Yusuffali M A, group managing director, Emke Group, which has been operating for almost four decades in the Gulf region.
“Being present at this premise will not only enhance our retailing knowledge and network, but also help us forge strong links and partnerships, some of which may go beyond our businesses as we work together on being socially responsible for meeting legal, ethical and economic responsibilities,” he said.
Emke Group controls nearly 34 per cent of the organized retail sector with 98 hypermarkets and shopping malls. It is the main sponsor of the Middle East Retail Forum and the RetailME awards 2012.
Mohammad I B Alawi, CEO, Red Sea Markets Company, owner of Red Sea Mall, Jeddah, said: “There has already been considerable investments in modern retailing due to new generation consumer demands, the chore here is to nurture these demands with value added products and services furthermore catering to these demands will help boost local morale, create more jobs, encourage entrepreneurship and finally raise the bar on local income levels thus enhance local economy.”
“At Middle East Retail Forum let us investigate the possibility of creating a futuristic foresight which will meet our global consumer demands,” he added.
David Macadam, regional director Mena, Jones Lang LaSalle Mena, said: “The Mena markets and the UAE specifically continue to offer retailers and developers great opportunities for new business growth.”
“The turmoil in the neighbouring countries in the Mena region has provided the UAE with more retail brands arriving from around the world. At the MRF 2012, Jones Lang LaSalle and other participants anticipate a learning experience from shared recent case studies, discussion of real estate trends and key issues affecting the retail sector.”
Some 700 delegates are expected to profit from the forum discussions and network with the retail industry’s who’s who over two days.
The evening of December 5 will host the annual Images RetailME Awards 2012 felicitating outstanding achievers in retail. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store