Nesto to launch new outlet in Bahrain
Manama, November 26, 2012
Retail chain Nesto Group of Companies is to open its seventh and largest 35,000 sq ft supermarket in Bahrain on Wednesday, said a report.
The five-level supermarket, located on Exhibition Road opposite the Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, is part of the Nesto group's plan to open such stores in all major areas of Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, citing the group's top official.
"The new store is arranged in separate levels to offer a variety of fresh food, electronics, garments, footwear and other goods from all over the world," said Bahrain managing director K P Hashim.
"Since we are importing most goods from where they are manufactured or produced, we will be able to offer the most competitive prices in Bahrain, especially in densely-populated areas," he noted.
The store will be opened by a boy and a girl, between three and 10 years. They will be winners of a raffle, tickets for which are available at all of the chain's Bahrain stores.
"The two children will also be given 25 grams of gold each," said Hashim.
"We have always been able to maintain our prices and profile among our target audience comprising Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis and a host of other nationalities," he added.
Earlier, Nesto Group of Companies' subsidiary Geepas Bahrain general manager Muhammed Haneef said since Bahrain was already saturated with large supermarkets, it would be appropriate to open smaller stores in several areas to easily serve people there.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Eros opens 33rd retail store in UAE
- iMena Holdings invests in Desado.com
- One-third of Mena consumers shopping online
- Panasonic unveils tablet range in UAE
- Fragrance retailer Arabian Oud ranked 11th
- LuLu in deal to manage Adnoc mall
- Being Human launches women’s wear line
- River Island opens accessory store in Kuwait
- Samsung launches new Galaxy Tab 3 Series
- NY-style pizzeria to open ME outlets