Nesto to launch new outlet in Bahrain
Manama, November 26, 2012
Retail chain Nesto Group of Companies is to open its seventh and largest 35,000 sq ft supermarket in Bahrain on Wednesday, said a report.
The five-level supermarket, located on Exhibition Road opposite the Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, is part of the Nesto group's plan to open such stores in all major areas of Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, citing the group's top official.
"The new store is arranged in separate levels to offer a variety of fresh food, electronics, garments, footwear and other goods from all over the world," said Bahrain managing director K P Hashim.
"Since we are importing most goods from where they are manufactured or produced, we will be able to offer the most competitive prices in Bahrain, especially in densely-populated areas," he noted.
The store will be opened by a boy and a girl, between three and 10 years. They will be winners of a raffle, tickets for which are available at all of the chain's Bahrain stores.
"The two children will also be given 25 grams of gold each," said Hashim.
"We have always been able to maintain our prices and profile among our target audience comprising Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis and a host of other nationalities," he added.
Earlier, Nesto Group of Companies' subsidiary Geepas Bahrain general manager Muhammed Haneef said since Bahrain was already saturated with large supermarkets, it would be appropriate to open smaller stores in several areas to easily serve people there.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait