Arabian Oud wins five ‘Fragrance Oscars’
Dubai, November 22, 2012
Arabian Oud, the largest specialised perfume retailer in the world, has won five of the 14 major awards during the recent FiFi Arabia – Fragrance Oscars held at the Armani Hotel – Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
Arabian Oud was the winner in two categories of the Fragrance of the Year and My Favourite Perfume of the Year awards, in addition to winning the Retailer of the Year award in the Mono-brand Store of the Year category.
The Fragrance Oscars, which has been one of the most prestigious industry recognition events, garnered an unprecedented number of online votes this year with more than 200,000 consumers taking part.
Abdullah Al Dawish, vice president, Arabian Oud, said: “The Fragrance Oscars serves as a great motivation and inspiration for Arabian Oud as we aim to satisfy the high expectations of our customers in the Middle East and around the world. Moreover, these distinctions reflect the company’s passion for excellence in creating award-winning fragrances using only the finest oils.”
Al Dawish mentioned that the winning perfumes are Hayati, Sehr Al Kalimat, Lamsa and Shahrayar, which all got excellent impact and success in the local and global markets.
“We have achieved another successful run for the third consecutive year as reflected by the positive feedback we have received from all participants and attendees,” said Shahzad Haider, chairman of Arabian Fragrance Organization.
“I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to everyone involved in making this event highly successful and memorable. I also salute the industry players and consumers in the region, who have played a very important role in the awards.”
The awards were divided into three categories: Fragrance of the Year, Retailer of the Year and My Favourite Perfume of the Year.
An independent jury panel was created to choose the winners of the Fragrance of the Year award, while consumer votes determined the winners of the rest of the awards. Arabian Oud dominated most of the event awards, while L'Oreal and Procter & Gamble two other awards.
Inaugurated in the US in 1973, the “FiFi Awards” has become a premier industry event that honours innovation and excellence in the fragrance industry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices