Acer ultrabook wins CES innovation award
Dubai, November 22, 2012
Taiwan-based Acer, a leading notebook manufacturer, has been named an International CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for its Aspire S7 Touch Ultrabooks.
Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.
Acer’s Windows 8-based S7 Ultrabooks are as thin as a tablet and feature simple clean designs. With their all-aluminum unibody designs, they are exceptionally thin and light, yet resilient and durable. Depending on model, they are as thin as .47 inches and weigh just around 1 kg and include 13.3-inch or 11.6-inch full high-definition (1920 x 1080) touch screens that are protected by rigid lids made of white Gorilla Glass 2 or aluminum.
The S7-391 models include an elegant white design and a glossy white Gorilla Glass 2 cover that is smooth to the touch, thin yet super strong, scratch-resistant and easy-to-clean.
Optimizing its touch capabilities, its lid tilts back a full 180 degrees, allowing it to be used flat against a table or desk, much as one would use a tablet.
The smaller and lighter S7-191 model includes an 11.6-inch high definition touch screen, and features an all-aluminum unibody and aluminum cover.
Both models include a unique dual torque hinge design which enables the displays to stay upright and stable even when used for touch input and Acer’s new innovative thermal design, TwinAir cooling (patent-pending), which extends battery life and keeps the Ultrabooks cool and comfortable to use.
Lastly, a light-sensing keyboard automatically detects changes in lighting conditions and adjusts the keyboard backlight brightness.
They include 3rd Generation Intel Core processors and solid state drives in a RAID 0 configuration for extremely fast read/write times. An embedded Li-Polymer battery provides up to six hours of battery life, and an optional second battery doubles computing time up to 12 hours.
“Acer is proud to receive an esteemed CES Innovation Award,” said Sumit Agnihotry, vice president of product marketing, Acer.
“We appreciate being recognized for the high-level of engineering and design quality found in our S7 Series Ultrabooks, which were developed with premium construction methods and materials and cutting-edge manufacturing processes.”
The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the producer of the International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store