Fujifilm launches interchangeable lens camera
Manama, November 18, 2012
Fujifilm has launched its all-new interchangeable lens camera system in Bahrain, and is now available across the country following its predecessor, the X-Pro1.
The camera was recently showcased at Photokina - the world’s leading imaging fair held in Germany - and won the Photokina Star 2012 award for its outstanding performance, a statement said.
The X-E1 features the same 16 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor with OLED electronic viewfinder, a smaller body with built-in flash and the same X mount for the Fujinon XF lens range.
The image quality is comparable to a 35mm full frame D-SLR sensor making the camera attractive for professional photographers.
“We are extremely excited about adding this new camera under the innovative X-Series umbrella. We are confident that photographers will enjoy this new introduction to the market,” said Keitaro So, general manager, Fujifilm Electronics Imaging Division, Mena.
“Fujifilm will expand the lens line-up from 3 to 5 in the coming months, and up to 10 in early 2013, making the camera a worthwhile investment for professional photographers.”
Made in Japan, the X-E1 exudes class and high quality, as can be seen from each of its components. The top and front covers are made from die-cast magnesium for a rigid, yet delicate design.
At roughly the same size as the Fujifilm X100, the X-E1 is refreshingly compact and lightweight, in spite of its advanced feature set. Featuring a rubber grip for additional hold, it is a well balanced camera with the X lens mount positioned centrally on the camera so that the weight of the body and the lens is distributed evenly.
With its convenient, portable size and fast autofocus speed, the X-E1 promises to be an exciting addition to the X-Series range. It is available in two variations: silver and black. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store