Asus unveils frameless displays
Taipei, November 13, 2012
Taiwan-based Asus, a global leader in the new digital era, has launched 27- and 23-inch displays featuring a frameless design.
The Asus Designo MX Series MX279H and MX239H displays come with a 178-degreee wide-view angle Advanced-High Performance In-Plane Switching (AH-IPS) panel that provides stunning visuals backed by Bang & Olufsen ICE power-derived dual stereo speakers.
The Asus Designo MX Series displays sport ultra-slim profiles — with the MX239H measuring just 14.5mm at its thinnest point; while the larger MX279H comes in at 17.5mm – thereby minimizing the desk space required.
In addition, the MX Series’ edge-to-edge, frameless design has a bezel thickness of only 0.8mm. This design is further accentuated by a sundial-inspired stand which provides a sturdy base to rest on.
The Designo MX Series displays feature an LED-backlit AH-IPS panel with a 178-degree wide-view angle that minimizes color shift on horizontal or vertical planes to ensure quality visuals from almost any viewing position.
With the Asus Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) of 80,000,000:1 and 250 cd per sq m of brightness, the MX279H delivers life-like visuals by adjusting backlight luminance to achieve the darkest black and the brightest white shades.
These Designo MX Series displays feature Asus SonicMaster technology – which was co-developed by the Asus Golden Ear team and Bang & Olufsen ICEpower. This Asus-exclusive audio technology combines advanced hardware and software to refine every acoustic detail in pristine quality to deliver crystal clear, true-to-life surround sound — reproducing richer and more distinct vocals at a wider frequency range and louder volumes.
The Designo MX’s embedded ICEpower MobileSound 3 chip delivers incredible audio fidelity to ensure quality audio. Asus SonicMaster technology, together with the built-in dual 3W stereo speakers, gives these displays the capacity to deliver an immersive home theater audio experience.
The Designo MX Series supports Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolutions and has dual HDMI and D-sub (VGA) input ports to ensure compatibility with a variety of multimedia devices including Blu-ray disc players, game consoles, and digital cameras. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices