Addison, left, and Ashfaq Mohammed, group head
of business development at Fu-Com, signing the agreement
Geant to open third branch in Bahrain
Manama, November 12, 2012
Geant Hypermarket will open its third branch in Bahrain next year. A lease agreement was signed with the Muharraq Mall Company, developer of the Muharraq Seef Mall, for a 4,000 sq m store.
Geant will be one of the four major anchor tenants in the development at the new mall in Muharraq, which has a built-up area of over 70,000 sq m, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The mall is a joint venture between Seef Properties, The Malls Company and Hayakala. The development, which is being leased and managed by Seef Properties, is due to be completed in December next year.
"Geant will unquestionably strengthen the mall's presence in Muharraq, offering an extensive range of products. It's conveniently located for a simple and efficient family shopping experience," said Muharraq Mall Company chairman Shaikh Abdulla bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.
Present at the signing ceremony were Seef Properties general manager Robert Addison, the country manager of Geant operator Fu-Com, Philippe Merle, and a number of VIPs and dignitaries.
The mall is located in the heart of Muharraq, adjacent to the Muharraq Club and Arad Fort, and has been designed to integrate with the new corniche at Arad Bay. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai