Addison, left, and Ashfaq Mohammed, group head
of business development at Fu-Com, signing the agreement
Geant to open third branch in Bahrain
Manama, November 12, 2012
Geant Hypermarket will open its third branch in Bahrain next year. A lease agreement was signed with the Muharraq Mall Company, developer of the Muharraq Seef Mall, for a 4,000 sq m store.
Geant will be one of the four major anchor tenants in the development at the new mall in Muharraq, which has a built-up area of over 70,000 sq m, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The mall is a joint venture between Seef Properties, The Malls Company and Hayakala. The development, which is being leased and managed by Seef Properties, is due to be completed in December next year.
"Geant will unquestionably strengthen the mall's presence in Muharraq, offering an extensive range of products. It's conveniently located for a simple and efficient family shopping experience," said Muharraq Mall Company chairman Shaikh Abdulla bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.
Present at the signing ceremony were Seef Properties general manager Robert Addison, the country manager of Geant operator Fu-Com, Philippe Merle, and a number of VIPs and dignitaries.
The mall is located in the heart of Muharraq, adjacent to the Muharraq Club and Arad Fort, and has been designed to integrate with the new corniche at Arad Bay. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays