Acer unveils new Aspire S7 Series
Dubai, November 8, 2012
Acer has announced the launch of its Aspire S7 Series, one of the thinnest and lightest Ultrabooks, which has been highlighted as one of the best PCs ever made.
As thin as a smartphone, the S7 is an iconic combination of power and beauty, a statement from the company said. The use of straight lines, glossy white glass, electroluminescent lighting and anodised aluminum have culminated in an Ultrabook that champions cutting-edge technology and innovative design.
The dual torque hinge and Acer Green Instant On / Always Connect features ensure the ultimate in-control and seamless usability.
“Acer took a fresh approach to the design and development of the Aspire S7, using premium construction methods and materials,” said Jim Wong, corporate president of Acer.
“The high level of engineering and design quality we set for the S7 was achieved by placing the user experience as our top design priority, and by our ongoing commitment to introducing technologies into our products that truly complement human behavior, and stimulate curious and progressive thought and action.”
All models in the series feature a uni-body design made from a single block of aluminum with a process that saves energy and material; the result is an ultra-thin chassis that is super tough and excellent for the road, the statement said.
It also features Full HD IPS 10-point displays with 1920 x 1080 resolution, putting touch control at users’ fingertips. In addition, wide-viewing angle technology provides consistent and accurate color from viewing angles up to 178 degrees.
The screen is surrounded by a glossy white Gorilla Glass 2 lid that is smooth to the touch, and measures 11.9 mm, yet is super strong, scratch-resistant and easy to wipe clean. It provides structural strength, yet is flexible enough to handle the impact of daily use. Furthering its durability, a thin, soft cushioning is included between the aluminum frame and the glass, so if the S7 is dropped, the shock will mainly be absorbed by the chassis and not the glass. This greatly reduces the chance of significant damage, it said.
The smaller and lighter 11.6-inch model, also with a Full HD touchscreen, features an all-aluminum uni-body and aluminum cover with an elegant cross-direction brushed finish. The result is a high-end pattern, with the surface resembling a classy textured fabric.
The touch-enabled screen on the 13.3”S7 can be laid back flat 180 degrees, and the image orientation reverses for easy touch-and-show sharing, the statement said.
To ensure the Aspire S7 runs cool, Acer created a new thermal solution called TwinAir cooling, an innovative thermal design that extends battery life and keeps the Ultrabook cool and comfortable to use.
Two small high-speed (10,000 rpm) thermal fans are used; one to pull in cool air, while another releases warm air. The placement of the fans also ensures that the warmest components are kept away from the user’s fingertips and lap.
Acer incorporated an electroluminescent (EL) backlit keyboard that automatically turns on/off and adjusts its brightness level based on the ambient lighting. This light-sensing backlit keyboard is one of the thinnest backlit solutions currently available, and is optimised for visual comfort and easy visibility in dim environments. The electroluminescent lighting offers a gentler and more comfortable glow than LED backlit keyboards.
The S7 series includes the 3rdgeneration Intel Core i5-3317UB or i7-3517U processors and solid state drives in a RAID 0 configuration for extremely fast read/write times and quietness.
An embedded Li-Polymer battery provides up to 6 hours of battery life, and an optional second battery doubles computing time up to 12 hours.
In addition, the S7 ships with a micro HDMI to VGA cable for use with projectors for presentations, and a USB to RJ45 port for connecting to a wired network.
The Aspire S7 Ultrabooks include Acer Green Instant On technology for fast boot and resume, and Acer Always Connect, which lets users manage their multimedia and data on all their devices at anytime, anywhere.
It also ships with AcerCloud to provide customers with remote access to the digital data residing on their Ultrabook via their tablet or smartphone, and share it among their other PCs and mobile devices. So customers can take photos on their smartphone, and then view them on S7 later. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder