Panasonic receives top accreditation
Dubai, November 6, 2012
Panasonic Marketing MEA has announced that it has received the world's highest accreditation for Information Security and Management System – ISO 27001.
The certification was held at an official presentation ceremony at Panasonic’s regional headquarters located in Jebel Ali Free Zone.
Masao Motoki, managing director, Panasonic Marketing MEA, said: “We at Panasonic Marketing MEA are committed to applying secure and reliable information management system to follow best practices and standards for our business.”
“The ISO 27001 certification is testimony to our commitment to have secure internal system infrastructure and practices to protect vital business and customers' information”.
The certification was awarded by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA), one of the world’s leading bodies for management systems certification in accordance with The United Kingdom Accreditation Service.
LRQA provides certification of compliance with international management system standards, and helps clients use management systems to reduce risks and improve operations.
ISO 27001 requires systematic management and assessment of information security risks, design and implementation of the ISMS controls. It also follows a continuous process to ensure that security controls are at par with business security requirements, the statement said.
Basem Obeid, area manager, Lloyds Register Quality Assurance, said: “Panasonic Marketing Middle East and Africa has successfully established its information systems and infrastructure as per international best practice.”
“We are pleased to certify them with the ISO 27001 information security certification. This certification exemplifies management’s commitment towards secured information system infrastructure whilst ensuring integrity and confidentially of business and customer data." – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept