Samsung Galaxy S3 sales hit 30m in 5 months
Amman, November 5, 2012
Samsung Electronics, a global leader in digital media, announced that its smartphone the Galaxy S III has surpassed 30 million global sales in approximately five months since its debut in May.
“The Galaxy S III continues to be a runaway favorite with customers around the world. Meeting this sales milestone in five months sets another record for Samsung, and we are extremely proud and yet motivated to continue to provide our customers with products that they love,” said JK Shin, president and head of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics.
“On behalf of Samsung Mobile, I appreciate millions of customers around the world that have chosen the Samsung Galaxy S III.”
Putting this number into perspective, during a similar selling period (150 days), the acclaimed Galaxy S II, launched in 2011, globally sold 10 million devices, a statement said.
Now upgradable to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), the Galaxy S III features a 4.8-inch HD Super Amoled display lets users view multimedia and Web content in brilliant color and clarity.
Its camera understands human gestures to make using the phone natural and intuitive. A powerful hardware ensures blazing-fast performance and seamless multi-tasking.
Samsung now offers the Galaxy S III in an expanded collection of new colours including Amber Brown, Garnet Red, Sapphire Black and Titanium Grey. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain