Sharaf DG unveils big Bahrain plans
Manama, October 26, 2012
Leading regional retailer Sharaf DG has opened its second outlet in Bahrain that will offer 300 global brands and nearly 17,000 stock-keeping units in consumer electronics, telecommunications, home entertainment and information technology.
Speaking at the launch, Sharaf DG country manager Shayaz Ibrahim said Bahrain's retail sector was getting more organised, which is a positive sign for the recovering economy.
"We've been investing in Bahrain since the last four years and every year, we have witnessed increases to the tune of 10 to 15 per cent in sales," he noted.
"With the opening of our second store in the country, we're optimistic about the growth prospects of the economy," he added.
The 14,000 sq ft store located within the Enma Mall in Riffa is positioned to attract the nearly 100,000 residents of the Bahraini suburb. Plans are underway to open two more outlets by 2015, he added.
Managing director Yasser Sharaf said, "Strategically this is a great location to open the region's biggest ever electronics store.
We bring to Riffa a wide range of electronic products across many categories, from top brands in the world."
Customer satisfaction was of prime importance for the retailer and the Riffa market is set to benefit from competitive prices, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off
- Acer launches new EMEA brand campaign
- UAE firm unveils new furniture collection
- Zotac unveils new edition graphics cards
- Canon launches 2 PowerShot cameras in Bahrain