Sharaf DG unveils big Bahrain plans
Manama, October 26, 2012
Leading regional retailer Sharaf DG has opened its second outlet in Bahrain that will offer 300 global brands and nearly 17,000 stock-keeping units in consumer electronics, telecommunications, home entertainment and information technology.
Speaking at the launch, Sharaf DG country manager Shayaz Ibrahim said Bahrain's retail sector was getting more organised, which is a positive sign for the recovering economy.
"We've been investing in Bahrain since the last four years and every year, we have witnessed increases to the tune of 10 to 15 per cent in sales," he noted.
"With the opening of our second store in the country, we're optimistic about the growth prospects of the economy," he added.
The 14,000 sq ft store located within the Enma Mall in Riffa is positioned to attract the nearly 100,000 residents of the Bahraini suburb. Plans are underway to open two more outlets by 2015, he added.
Managing director Yasser Sharaf said, "Strategically this is a great location to open the region's biggest ever electronics store.
We bring to Riffa a wide range of electronic products across many categories, from top brands in the world."
Customer satisfaction was of prime importance for the retailer and the Riffa market is set to benefit from competitive prices, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices