Top kitchen appliance maker enters Saudi
Riyadh, October 25, 2012
Miele, a leading premium kitchen appliance manufacturer based in Germany, has signed up Saudi-based Awad Bahi Nahas for the distribution of its luxury domestic appliance range in the Kingdom.
With the major domestic appliance market in the Middle East registering double-digit growth in 2011, according to a report from international research company GfK, Miele has identified Saudi Arabia as a key growth market.
“The joint venture is a strong foothold in Saudi for the brand, and Miele’s reputation for quality and expert craftsmanship means that we are perfectly placed to fill a gap in this mega market with our innovative, high quality collection of luxury domestic appliances,” remarked Gaby Koudsi, the managing director for Miele in the GCC.
“A rapidly expanding population, with increased spending power, and the rising numbers of young couples looking for first homes independent of existing family units, make this a unique – and timely - opportunity for Miele to enter the Kingdom,” the official noted.
Awad Bahi Nahas said as per the deal, the company will be the agent for Miele across the country from Jeddah to Riyadh.
With a 30-year reputation for high-end product distribution and after-sales service record, Nahas employs more than 100 personnel spread across modern showrooms and service centres located throughout Saudi.
“Working together with our local partner, we have already created an exclusive range of cooking appliances, cooling and laundry machines designed specifically for our Saudi clients, that meet exacting technical requirements,” said Koudsi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder