Damas launches new Diwali offers
Dubai, October 15, 2012
Leading regional jewellery retailer, Damas, has launched its biggest Diwali festival, unveiling more than 40 specially-crafted jewellery designs, and a campaign starring its new brand ambassador, Bollywood starlet Esha Gupta.
To celebrate the festival of lights, Damas is offering two raffle draws throughout the campaign, the first of which offers customers the chance to win one of three Mercedes GLK 300 4M series cars. The second raffle offers customers the chance to win one of two Ten Tola (TT) gold bars, for a total of five grand prize winners, a statement from Damas said.
Rajesh Govindan, UAE sales manager – Damas, said: “This is our biggest Diwali campaign in 105 years; we are offering our widest selection of new designs and the largest promotion in our history. We are also excited to have the stunning Esha Gupta with her trademark celebrity looks as the face of our campaign.”
“This Diwali, customers can benefit from the most beautiful jewellery of the highest quality that Damas is renowned for, and have the chance to win fantastic prizes. We want our customers to illuminate with our exquisite designs of gold, diamonds and gemstones.”
“As an added incentive, Damas has also recently announced a new gold exchange offer, whereby customers can exchange gold jewellery (from any retailer) for new gold or diamond Damas jewellery, with zero deduction on the prevailing gold rate,” he added.
For every Dh1,000 ($272.29) spent on gold and/or diamond jewellery purchases in selected Damas outlets during Diwali, customers will receive raffle tickets for one of three Mercedes cars.
Furthermore, one raffle ticket for one of two “ten tola” gold bars is given for every Dh500 purchase of diamond or pearl jewellery or watches will also be issued. In addition, free gifts of 22k gold coins, 22k gold pendant chains, ladies watches and his-and-hers watch sets will also be distributed with selected purchases of gold or diamond jewellery.
The new Diwali designs are adapted from Damas’ most popular collection and are categorised into five main themes - Legacy, Anyana, Gehna, Harmony and Mira. Each theme has its own unique feel and style, giving customers a wide array of choices, and appealing to different tastes and preferences.
The collection is designed to meet all tastes and budgets, the statement said. The new offerings consists a large selection of jewellery sets embellished with emeralds, rubies, diamonds and pearls set in 18k and 22k yellow and white gold.
Damas has also designed bangles from the popular Anmol, Legacy, Gehna and Mira collections, as well belts and armlets set in 22k gold from the Legacy collection.
Esha Gupta, who has been announced as the brand ambassador for the campaign, is a 23-year-old Delhi born former beauty queen. The model-turned-actress is known for her roles in popular Bollywood films such as Jannat 2, and Raaz 3D.
The collection is now available in selected Damas stores across the GCC region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait