Ride Bike Shop opens largest ME store
Dubai, October 15, 2012
Leading regional bicycle retailer, Ride Bike Shop, has opened its latest and largest store in the Middle East on Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai.
The new store, which is under 5,000 sq ft with its workshop covering 1,500 sq ft makes it not only the largest bicycle store, but also the largest workshop in the UAE and GCC, a statement from the company said.
An investment of Dh1.5 million ($0.41 million) has been made into the store and it will have around Dh2 million worth of bikes and other products in stock at any given time.
Shahriar Khodjasteh, president of Dubai Desert Extreme, said: “We are delighted to launch the region’s largest bicycle shop. As the distributor of some of the biggest names in the industry, which include Giant, Topeak, Mavic, Fox Racing Shox and many others, we always wanted to find the right space for our Flagship store in Dubai. We already became the largest chain of bike shops in the region, with four stores open across Dubai within a three-year span.”
“But it was time for us to move out of the large shopping malls and into a large high street unit like this one. With the opening of the store on the very busy Sheikh Zayed Road, we bring the region another level of bicycle stores.”
“The plan now is to open another similar size store in the major cities across the region, first in Doha and then Abu Dhabi. Apart from this being the largest bike shop in the region, it is also home to the largest workshop, which will be the master service centre in the region for brands like Fox, Mavic, Giant, and Crank Brothers,” he added.
“Interest in cycling in the region is growing at a tremendous pace and is at an all-time high. Lastly, the infrastructure being developed by the authorities is making it much safer for cyclists throughout the region.”
The new Ride Bike Shop was opened under the patronage of Osama Ahmad Al Shafar, president of UAE Cycling Federation, who was the guest of honour at the event.
The Dubai Sports Council has also played a significant role in creating an atmosphere where cycling can thrive, while the RTA has expanded its network of cycling routes across Dubai.
John Koo, CEO of Giant International & Giant Europe, the world’s largest bicycle manufacturer, which produces more than 7 million bicycles per year with an annual turnover over $1.6 billion, was also present.
‘This new bike shop will be home to the first giant store-in-store concept in the UAE & GCC, and we are very proud to be part of the success and growth that our partner in the region is experiencing. They have done a great job with this amazing new store, and it can be considered up there as one of the best in the world,” said Koo. “It is also great to see the new 2013 Model Year Giant bikes on display and in time for this grand opening event.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait