MAF malls to extend Eid shopping hours
Dubai, October 9, 2012
Majid Al Futtaim Properties said all three of its shopping malls in Dubai - Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre - will be operating extended trading hours for 'Eid in Dubai' festivities.
This is in line with the official announcement made by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice-President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, announcing a two-week celebration for Eid Al Adha with major shopping malls to be open 24-hours on weekends.
“MAF Properties is pleased to lend its full support to Dubai Government and the plans for Eid in Dubai,” said Fuad Sharaf, the senior director – asset management, Shopping Malls.
“We anticipate record numbers of visitors during this time, and the extended celebrations will provide both residents and tourists with the opportunity to truly enjoy the full scope of our world-class shopping, leisure and entertainment activities,” Sharaf added.
Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre will follow the 24-hour initiative across the following three weekends for Eid in Dubai celebrations:
•Open from 10am on Thursday (October 18) continuously to 1am on Sunday (October 21)
•Open from 10am on Thursday (October 25) continuously to 1am on Sunday (October 28)
•Open from 10am on Thursday (November 1) continuously to1am on Sunday (November 4).
During the weekdays, all stores will be open a minimum of 10am to 1am daily with dining outlets open from 10am to 3am, said Sharaf.
The malls’ leisure and entertainment attractions will also follow the Eid in Dubai extended timings including round-the-clock movie timings at VOX Cinemas on the weekends, he added.
Cameron Mitchell, the CEO for VoX Cinemas said, "We will also operate on a 24-hour basis at Deira City Centre, Mirdif City Centre and Mall of the Emirates providing guests with the opportunity to catch latest blockbusters in English, Arabic and Hindi.”
For Eid in Dubai, Vox will be releasing hits such as Skyfall, Looper, Hotel Transylvania 3D, House at the End of the Street, Chasing Mavericks, Nanny Nennah (Arabic),Ruby Sparks and Chakravyuh (Hindi).
Majid Al Futtaim Properties is a leader in the ownership, development and management of shopping malls and complimentary mixed use projects in the Mena region. It has four flagship shopping malls; three in Dubai and one in Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain