Eurostar launches 7 new tablets at Gitex
Dubai, October 2, 2012
Eurostar, a leader in digital satellite receiving systems and consumer electronics, has announced the launch of seven new tablets at the ongoing Gitex Shopper 2012.
With the new product line-up, Eurostar now has the largest range of Android tablets in the region, a statement from the company said.
The new tablets released include the world’s first TV Tablet, world’s first Femme Tablet catering to women, and the world’s slimmest tablet.
Having launched the first ever Arabic enabled tablets in October 2011, Eurostar has recorded an impressive 100,000 sales in the last one year, the statement said. The brand continues its aggressive growth plan by expanding its existing range with new innovative products in the last quarter of the year.
The tablets are powered by the latest 4.0 version of the Android Ice Cream operating system, highly sensitive touch screens and a range of applications designed to enhance specific user group experiences.
It comes with the fastest processer speed of 1.5 GHz, 1 GB RAM and a 32 GB internal HD that allows users to optimise app use and watch crystal clear video in high definition panels. The tablets are further enabled with wifi – sensitivity and good battery back-up.
The usual features are also present with pre-loaded applications including Google Talk, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Gmail, Dictionary, Encyclopaedia and Games.
Accessories include a power adapter, ear phones, USB cable, various capacity Micro SD cards and a leather case. Additionally, most of the models support 3G dongles and the HDMI models convert a normal TV into a Smart TV.
“Having the highest number of Androids tablets in the region is a great achievement,” said Shaan Jethwani, the executive director, Eurostar Group. “The main reason behind having such a wide variety of tablets is to cater to many different types of consumers. What we need to understand is that each consumer has their own specific requirement from any product that they use. We are confident of consumer feedback on these tablets and look forward to coming out with an ever expanding range.”
The new tablets are available at Gitex Shopper 2012 through leading retail outlets and through Eurostar's channel strength of over 100 dealers, hypermarkets and corporate channel partners. Gitex Shopper will come to a close on October 6. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder