EuroStar unveils first TV tablet
Dubai, September 26, 2012
Dubai-based digital satellite receiving systems company, EuroStar, has unveiled the world’s first TV tablet which features over a 100 live TV channels and movies in multiple languages.
The tablet comes in a 10.1-inch capacitive, multi-touch, high resolution screen optimising viewing pleasure, a statement from EuroStar said. With a processor speed of 1.5GHz, DDRIII 1GB RAM and a 32 GB hard drive, the tablet ensures high functionality and sufficient storage space.
Pre-loaded with a wide range of features and apps, this revolutionary tablet offers users a versatile and unparalleled entertainment experience.
The TV tablets are powered by the latest 4.0 version of the Android Ice Cream operating system and havw a highly sensitive touch screen. It is Wi-Fi enabled and features pre-loaded applications that include Google Talk, Android Market, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, YouTube, Gmail, Dictionary, Encyclopaedia and games.
Other accessories include a power adapter, ear phones, USB cable, various capacity Micro SD cards and a leather case. Additionally, the tablet supports 3G dongles and can convert the normal TV to a Smart TV.
“There has been a dramatic shift in entertainment technology over the years with a lot of content being made available on digital mediums,” said Raju Jethwani, chairman, EuroStar Group.
“The new TV Tablet will allow a wide range of users to access this expansive reservoir of entertainment in the form of myriad, multilingual TV channels and movies among many other interesting Android apps.”
“Tablets have already starting transforming the way we live and are soon set to become as important as smartphones in our day to day activities.”
The TV Tablet will be available at Gitex Shopper 2012 through leading retail outlets and through EuroStar's channel strength of over 100 dealers, hypermarkets and corporate channel partners. The event will go on from September 29 to October 6. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store