Apple iPhone 5 sold out in 3 days
San Francisco, September 24, 2012
Apple sold out of its latest smartphone, with more than 5 million iPhone 5 sales in the three days after it hit stores, the company said on Monday.
That number blasted past sales of the iPhone 4. When Apple introduced it in October 2011, it sold more than 4 million units in its first weekend.
With the iPhone 5, Apple said that while the majority of preorders have been shipped to customers, many are scheduled to go out in October.
On Friday, Apple fans lined up around the world to get their hands on the new smartphone - which is thinner and lighter and has a bigger screen. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Xerox names new MEA manager
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain
- ACE discounts to mark 7 years of Dubai ops
- Saudi retailer Alhokair net up 39pc
- Canon unveils its smallest full-frame DSLR
- WD, SanDisk to launch storage devices
- QNET eyes Mena expansion
- Nokia launches all-new Lumia 925