Bawadi Mall sees record visitors
Al Ain, September 24, 2012
Bawadi Mall, the largest mall in Al Ain city, has set a new record in visitor numbers, with more than 890,000 visitors during the month of August, the largest footfall since its inception in 2009.
The mall saw a 34 per cent increase in number of visitors over the corresponding period of August 2011. Many tenants also reported record sales in the month, a statement from the mall officials said.
The mall management attributed this success to the variety of family entertainment activities that took place in August.
Khalid Shraim, senior marketing manager of Bawadi Mall, said: “We organised a wide range of activities that attracted shoppers throughout the month. Most of our 400-odd tenants expressed satisfaction over the increase in sales during the period.”
The mall hosts a variety of sporting, healthcare and social events, attracting a huge number of people for entertainment and shopping.
“August marked the conclusion of our ‘Win & Go High Tech’ campaign, which entitled shoppers to enter daily raffle draws to win Apple products. We also hosted Etihad Tangier Group of Arabs Got Talent show, in addition to the Lebanese Circus show which attracted thousands of spectators,” he said.
“We received visitors from Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabi,” Shraim said.
Bawadi Mall features a roller coaster, a Fun Ski Village which recently switched from an artificial skating rink to a real-ice skating rink, amongst other attractions. Eight movie theatres, including Grand Class Hall, a bowling alley, a food-court and several casual dining alternatives offering delicious varieties of cuisines, make a visit to Bawadi Mall a worthwhile and exciting experience, he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi