New iPhone5 set for Dubai launch
Dubai, September 23, 2012
SIASA Telecom, a specialist in the distribution and retailing of mobile-phone handsets and other accessories, is all set to bring the iphone 5 to the UAE this week after its official launch last Friday.
The iPhone 5 will be available this weekend at SIASA Dubai and will be distributed to other retailers and wholesalers through the company's distribution channels in the UAE and the GCC this week, said a senior official.
"We have received twice the number of orders compared to last year’s iPhone 4s. Our phones won’t stop ringing since the announcement of the iphone 5 last week in the US," revelaed SIASA director Mohammed Sadiq.
"The much awaited iphone 5 is the thinnest and lightest iphone ever, completely redesigned to feature a new 4-inch retina display, an Apple-designed A6 chip for blazing fast performance; and ultrafast wireless technology, all while delivering even better battery life," he explained.
"Wholesalers and retailers are desperate to get their hands on the iphone 5 due to the high demand in the GCC region. We have already sold out in our UK branches and have just about managed to reserve stock for our Dubai and GCC customers," he stated.
"We are also looking to import from our Hong Kong branch in order to meet the demand. I have personally had a good look at the new iphone 5 and am very impressed with new technology and the thought process that has gone into the design," Sadiq noted.
The iphone 5 went on sale worldwide on September 21 after its launch in Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Britain, France and Germany.
It will launch in 22 more countries weeks later. It is not yet clear when apple will be releasing the iphone 5 in the Middle East, giving international mobile phone distributors like SIASA the opportunity to supply consumers direct.
SIASA-Telecom is part of a small family business trading since 2005 and has grown from strength to strength exploring new sales channels and business models.
In 2008, they launched their first retail shop in Bedfordshire, UK and now have an established presence in Hong Kong and Dubai to support their wholesale and export operations and strengthen their retail competitiveness.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain