Baniyas Abu Dhabi mall 51pc operational
Abu Dhabi, September 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Baniyas Investment and Development Company (BIDC) has announced that more than 51 per cent of the gross leasable area (GLA) at its Bawabat Al Sharq Mall (BAS Mall), is now operational.
New stores are opening on weekly basis as they finish their fit-out works making the mall an exciting shopping and entertainment destination for the whole family, said a statement from BIDC, the investment arm of Baniyas Sports Club.
Besides the 93 top brands that have already opened, shoppers are now able to enjoy their time at the latest additions which include Swiss Bakery, Merinos Carpet, Dunkin Donuts, Arte Madrid, Anmar Couture, PappaRotti, Hatam, Mom & Me, Bottega Del Gelato, Spring Field, The Face Shop and FA Sports Café.
Antony Ranger, the director of Bawabat Al Sharq Mall said: “More than 51 per cent of our GLA is now operational and new stores are opening every week. Currently, our leasing has reached 76 per cent of the GLA and we expect to reach 85% towards the end of the year pushing the percentage of our operations further.”
In addition to Carrefour Hypermarket, Grand Cinemas and Wanasa Family Entertainment Centre, BIDC has signed agreements with Landmark Group, MH Alshaya, Liwa Enterprises, Chalhoub Group, Khaja Group, Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group and Al Ghurair Retail to open their brands at BAS Mall.
According to Ranger, Azadea Group, the latest addition to the mall, is now close to opening eight outlets and fashion brands including Oysho, Intimissimi, Piazza Italia, Gymboree, Jules, Mango, Sunglass Hutand Paul Café & Bakery.
The mall is part of the BAS Project which spreads over 108 hectares in BaniYas City. The mall will host over 240 prime retail shops and facilities over two floors covering 62,265 square meters of retail area.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet