Epson launches new wide format printer
Dubai, September 10, 2012
Epson, a global imaging leader, has announced the Middle East launch of a new high-speed printer, the latest addition to its new SureColor wide-format printer range for signage and POS applications.
A 64-inch (162.6cm) width, four- or five-colour (CMYK /CMYK + white) roll-fed printer, the SureColor SC-S50610 sets standards in the highly competitive indoor and outdoor signage sector, a statement said.
Its speed is complemented by support for a wide range of media, ease-of-use, low cost of ownership and environmental credentials, it added.
With twin Thin Film Piezo (TFP) Epson printheads and dual ink-sets for maximum productivity, the SC-S50610 provides super-fast printing at 51.2 sq m/hour, enabling busy commercial printers, POS printers, high-production professional signmakers, digital copy shops, screen printers and photo labs to increase their wide-format throughput.
The SC-S50610 incorporates Epson-engineered components to minimise downtime, while a built-in dryer ensures that prints are ready quickly for subsequent production stages.
For very high throughput applications, an additional drying system is included as standard.
The printer’s ergonomic design and time-saving features ensure that sustained workloads are easily managed. Thanks to a new jack system, loading a new media roll is a one-person job, with the media loading lever conveniently accessible from both the front and the rear of the printer. Once the roll is loaded, the SC-S50610 automatically optimises media tension and printhead alignment.
Shihab Zubair, business development manager, Epson Middle East, said, “Another new addition to our award-winning SureColor range, the SC-S50610 has been designed for busy companies who need a printer that can produce quality work at speed.”
“It is a very flexible printer and can very quickly produce everything from posters, signs, banners, backlit panels, window displays and POS materials to vehicle wraps, decor, labels and exhibition displays.
“Users in the Middle East markets will find this printer as an ideal option to print reliably and cost-effectively on vinyl, PVC and clear film, photographic paper and a range of popular banner substrates. The five-colour model allows them to add value to their portfolio of services by producing high-quality white prints on both dark and transparent substrates, such as window displays,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain