Dubai shopping fest kicks off on Jan 3
Dubai, September 9, 2012
The 18th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF), one of the biggest shopping extravaganzas in the world, will kick off on January 3 and run upto February 3, said the event organisers.
Announcing the launch dates, Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe) said 32-day event will paint the city with a festive mood through its unique blend of shopping, winning, and entertainment - the main characteristics that have made it one of the most sought-after festivals for tourists from around the world.
An agency under the Department of Economic Development, Depe said building on the huge success of its last year marketing campaign, DSF 2013 will again project 'Dubai at its Best' as its marketing slogan.
This will signify that the vibrant emirate showcases the best across all its sectors and services during the festival, offering unparalleled experiences to visitors and residents alike, said a top official.
'Our stakeholders and partners were very positive with our main message last year and were very excited about it, to the extent that most of them cascaded 'Dubai at its Best' onto their own individual campaigns and products, which sent a strong message to the world that Dubai brings out its best of everything during the festival,' remarked CEO Laila Mohammad Suhail.
'This year, again with the help of our strategic partners and sponsors from the private and public sectors, we are planning to capitalize on this success and reaffirm this statement through a diverse offering of shopping, winning, and entertainment,' she added.
Launched in 1996 under the directives of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice-President and Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai, to position the emirate as a leading tourist destination, Dubai Shopping Festival stayed true to its famous slogan 'One World, One Family, One Festival,' said Suhail.
'Upto its 2011 edition, the festival managed to attract more than 42 million visitors from across the world with a visitor expenditure close to the Dhs100 billion ($27.2 billion) mark,' she added.
In addition to the shopping and prizes, hundreds of events and activities await residents and visitors during the shopping extravganza.
From international concerts, musicals and shows, to sports, outdoor, and fashion events, Dubai Shopping Festival caters to every age segment, said Suhail.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal