Solidarity unit H1 earnings rise 140pc
Manama, September 9, 2012
The Jordanian subsidiary of Bahrain-based Solidarity Group Holding has posted earnings before tax of JD1 million ($1.41 million) for the first half of the year, marking a 140 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
First Insurance occupied the fourth position in market share, according to a study on the Jordanian insurance market.
Total premium contributions during the first half reached 12.3 million Jordanian dinars ($17.42 million) which is a 45 per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
'We are justifiably proud that First Insurance has achieved outstanding results,' said Solidarity Group chief executive Ashraf Bseisu.
'This is a noteworthy achievement for the youngest player in the Jordanian market in a record breaking period of four years since its establishment.
'It is a direct consequence of the devotion, dedication and world-class expertise of every member of First Insurance and Solidarity Group team.' – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Givori launches customised iPhone
- Sub-Zero & Wolf store opens in Dubai
- Xerox names new MEA manager
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain
- ACE discounts to mark 7 years of Dubai ops
- Saudi retailer Alhokair net up 39pc
- Canon unveils its smallest full-frame DSLR
- WD, SanDisk to launch storage devices