Sony unveils VAIO notebook line-up
Cairo, August 16, 2012
Sony has unveiled its summer 2012 line-up of thin, light and portable VAIO Ultrabook, styled in tough magnesium and aluminium and loaded with the latest technologies from Sony and Intel.
The VAIO ultrabook range also includes the Z (15th Anniversary Edition) and S series.
VAIO T-series (VAIO Ultrabook)
Available in 11.6-inch or 13.3-inch screen sizes, the VAIO T-Series Ultrabook features the latest-generation Ultra Low Voltage Intel Core processors and ultra-fast SSD flash drives.
The feature ensures file access is close to ten times faster than a standard hard disk drive. Hybrid models offer the best of both worlds, using the new Intel Smart Response Technology (iSRT) that teams fast SSD cache memory with a high-capacity HDD drive for quicker boot times and larger storage space.
With the new Rapid Wake technology that will be available across the new summer line up, the user won’t need to shut down his unit. Additionally one can resume the VAIO T Series from sleep mode even after 30 days owing to long battery life.
The VAIO T-series also ensures that data security isn’t compromised. The VAIO T Series comes with full featured connectivity and a generous complement of interfaces including HDMI, VGA and RJ45 network ports plus an SD/MMC media slot.
A light and portable laptop, it is equipped with Sony’s exclusive xLOUD and Clear Phase sound technologies that boost volume levels without distortion for crisp and clear web chats, video clips and games.
Video chats are more rewarding with the built-in ‘Exmor for PC’ high definition Web camera and clear, bright LED screen (11-inch or 13-inch) with rich colours.
The New VAIO S-series and Z-series
VAIO S Series provides the latest technologies needed for full mobile computing.
Overall high performance is assured with the third generation Intel Core i7 Processor, as well as a Dynamic Hybrid Graphics System that uses two graphics processors to best suit the application being run; either a Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE GPU with dedicated VRAM or integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Furthermore, Dynamic Hybrid Graphics System with Nvidia Optimus technology switches seamlessly between SPEED mode for faster performance and STAMINA mode for longer battery life. Solid State Drive (SSD) provides high-speed data storage and retrieval.
Available in four colour variations including black, silver, pink and white, the PC is crafted to be carried in comfort. It weighs just 1.59 kg and measures a slim 22.8 mm with a full-flat body featuring a carbon lid.
The material is lighter than aluminium and offers enough durability for people on the go. The hexa-shell edge design provides the essential lightness and rigidity to the body to increase the PC’s mobility, while adding a unique character to its appearance.
The new VAIO S-series is available in either a 13.3-inch LCD, or a full-size 15.5-inch LCD equipped with a numeric keypad. Overall, the VAIO S-series is the full featured mobile PC with powerful performance.
Both the VAIO S-series and VAIO Z-series are embedded with the xLOUD and Clear Phase audio technologies that switch to Dolby Home Theatre V4 for rich, cinema-style audio via speakers or headphones.
The VAIO T-series, Z series & S Series will be available across leading electronics retailers in Egypt, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet