Sony offers new compact Cyber-shot
Dubai, August 13, 2012
Sony, the global consumer electronics brand, has launched a digital camera in its Cyber-shot series, featuring a host of powerful features in a sleek, compact aluminium body.
The RX100 inherits many advanced imaging features from Sony’s Alpha ‘α’ range of A-mount and E-mount camera families.
The camera features the world’s first 1.0-type Exmor CMOS sensor with a resolution of 20.2 effective megapixels and a bright F1.8 lens making it the perfect fit for a compact, pocket-sized second camera for enthusiasts who want to capture stills with defocus effect and Full HD video.
Specially developed by Sony, the sensor has an area that is around four times larger than the 1/2.3-type imager in regular point-and-shoot cameras. Capturing far more light than small-sensor cameras, it is the key to detail packed images and Full HD movie clips with very low noise.
Similar to high-performance D-SLR optics, the lens features seven-bladed circular apertures. This makes it easy to produce pro-style ‘defocus’ effects, with subjects in sharp focus against a smoothly-blurred background. The lens is also equipped with an Advanced Aspherical (AA) glass element that contributes to the camera’s extremely compact dimensions without sacrificing optical performance or resolution.
Complementing the 1.0-type sensor and lens, the BIONZ image processor maximises shooting responses while assuring exceptionally clean, natural images. It also extends image sensitivity, allowing clear handheld images in dim light. Speedy burst shooting at up to 10 frames per second (full-resolution) makes grabbing split-second photo opportunities easy, while the high-speed autofocus locks onto the target in as little as 0.13 seconds.
Experienced photo enthusiasts will appreciate the unique Control Ring that surrounds the lens body. Allowing smooth, fingertip adjustment of exposure, zoom, Picture Effect and other functions, it makes versatile D-SLR-style creative control over the image easily accessible.
It’s easy to fine-tune images with a wide range of manual adjustments, whether shooting stills or Full HD video.
Just like a D-SLR camera, there is a choice of auto and manual focus modes for even greater control over the image. The camera offers artistic options to expand shooting possibilities for enthusiasts and novice photographers alike. Fine tuning the look of the image is made easy with a choice of six Creative Styles to suit the scene or the user’s personal preference.
Picture Effect offers an inspiring choice of 'in camera' effects that can be previewed on the LCD screen, including Toy Camera, Partial Colour, Pop Colour, HDR Painting, Miniature, Illustration, Watercolour and Other.
Shared with the latest Alpha ‘α’ range of A-mount and E-mount cameras, Auto Portrait Framing makes it simple to capture photos of family and friends.
The new Cyber-shot RX100 is currently available across Jumbo Electronics showrooms and other leading electronics retailers in the UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices