Acer unveils new Windows 8 lineup
Dubai, July 4, 2012
Acer has announced its series of Windows 8-based products, which include the premium Aspire S7 Ultrabook, Iconia W Series tablets, and Aspire U Series all-in-one (AIO) desktops.
“It is a watershed moment for Acer,” said J T Wang, chairman and CEO of Acer.
“Acer has always been committed to breaking the barriers between people and technology and the leading design of these products, when coupled with the Windows 8 touch functions, will provide transformational experiences for users whether they are creating important output or simply being entertained.”
Jim Wong, corporate president of Acer, added: “Acer collaborated closely with Microsoft Corp. and has taken the lead to engineer new products that will be great with Windows 8, demonstrating our product development efficiencies and taking advantage of our ability to provide an enhanced and satisfying computing experience. By focusing on ergonomics and style, we are addressing key consumer demands.”
“Interaction between human beings and computers should be easy rather than complex. In our view, the touchscreen experience enabled by Windows 8 is a massive step forward – simply because it makes computing more intuitive by offering users a backward in interface,” Wong added.
“We understand Windows 8 innovation and benefits and by utilizing Intel’s architecture and platform performance on our products, we believe we will provide users a better touch experience across devices for both consumer and commercial products.”
“Microsoft and Acer have been working together on new devices for Windows 8, and it’s great to see the progress Acer is making,” said Steven Guggenheimer, corporate vice president, OEM Division, Microsoft Corp.
“We expect customers to have a great experience using the combination of Windows 8 and the new hardware designs from Acer.”
“Intel and Acer continue to focus on innovation and collaboration delivering engaging and secure user experiences,” said Kirk Skaugen, vice president and general manager, PC Client Group of Intel Corp.
“Combined with the increased responsiveness of Intel’s 3rd generation Intel Core processor, new breakthrough capabilities possible with future Microsoft Windows 8, and the added flexibility of touch, the Acer Aspire Ultrabook will provide a magnificent experience for users.”
In the development of the new product lineup, Acer has been working even more closely with Microsoft and Intel.
The Aspire S7 Ultrabook, the premium model in the S Series, features a sleek aluminium unibody design. The 13.1-inch model is currently the thinnest Full HD touch Ultrabook and features glossy tempered glass, while the 11.6-inch model is the smallest Full HD touch-enabled Ultrabook.
Both devices are kitted out with the innovative Acer Twin Air cooling system for best thermal comfort, as well as a light-sensing keyboard that adjusts its backlight to facilitate typing, even in low light.
The Iconia W510 and W700 tablets have raised touch functionality to the next level. The W510 is equipped with a 10.1-inch display and has tri-mode touch, which allows users to touch, type and view. It also delivers up to 18 hours of battery life and headlines Always On, Always Connect technology.
Aspire U Series AIO desktops are also available in two sizes. The 27-inch 7600U has an ultra-slim 35 mm profile and a gorgeous Full HD edge-to-edge screen and Dolby Surround Sound.
This AIO features multi-user touch, and can be tilted from 0 to 90 degrees. Furthermore, the screen can swivel to all sides when laid flat.
The 23-inch 5600U is the slimmest AIO PC that can tilt from 30 to 85 degrees, enhancing personal touch use. Both models have leading ergonomic designs, and a slim, stylish finish that complements interior decor. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal