BenQ claims 14pc of MEA market in Q1
Dubai, July 1, 2012
BenQ, a leading digital projector maker, has won a market share of 14 per cent in Middle Eastern and Africa in the first quarter of the year, sealing a second ranking in the region, said a report.
The company is also recognized as the leading projector brand in Saudi Arabia with a market share of 23.3 per cent, according to the report from research experts FutureSource Consulting.
The Middle East headquarters of BenQ posted year-on-year units and revenue growth of over 40 per cent in the first quarter of 2012 as compared to the first quarter of 2011.
“The first quarter result for this year shows a very promising 2012 and demonstrates the strong execution by our partners and our sales and marketing teams. We are optimistic that we will perform better not only this year but in the coming years with the Middle East significantly contributing to our global success,” said Manish Bakshi, managing director of BenQ for the Middle East and Africa.
“Our key to success has always been product innovation and cost-effective technology facilitating user convenience. BenQ’s dedicated R&D and over 15 years of proficiency in projector technology have formed a solid foundation for robust year-on-year growth cementing BenQ’s strong position in the projector market in the region,” Bakshi added.
Currently, BenQ launched LX60ST and LW61ST short-throw education projectors, which are the first in the world to incorporate its very own mercury-free BlueCore light engine in the Middle Eastern region.
Other projectors launched this year were the W7000, the first projector in the world to be accredited with the TUV Rheinland 3D Full HD Certification; and the MW860USTi and MP780 ST+, powered by 2nd generation PointDraw interactive projection technology. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain