LG launches new advanced remote control
Dubai, June 27, 2012
LG Electronics (LG) recently launched the next generation of its Magic Remote Control which integrates a number of new features, such as wheel controls, magic gesture and pointing.
The LG Magic Remote was designed to facilitate and enhance the users experience by helping them to understand the user-friendly features and the innovation behind LG quality products.
“People were tired of using a complicated remote and some people said they were afraid of using a remote control due to the number of buttons on it. Therefore we decided to introduce this new design and we are confident that the Magic Remote will have the same impact toward Smart TV just as the mouse helped the personal computer to become mainstream,” said D Y Kim, president of LG Electronics Gulf.
The new Magic Remote is the simplest way to control the Smart TV for the most convenient, stylish and advanced Smart TV experience, a statement said.
Users can enjoy the stylish design of the remote as it comes with an ergonomic design for easy grip. With simple movements and gestures, it allows dragging, flicking, and selecting users preferences, without the hassle of using multiple buttons and arrow keys.
Also, the remote provides the convenience of an on-screen pointer to interact with the TV. It’s a simple process to pair it with the TV and users can move the pointer like a mouse, letting them click on menus and navigate with ease.
The LG Magic Remote Control is also equipped with a wheel function which allows users to switch between different TV channels and scroll up and down the Web browser, as the Bluetooth connectivity ensures that the remote can be used in any position.
It integrates the Magic Pattern Gesture that allows moving the remote sideways to surf to the previous channel, or drawing a V shape to call up a list of programs and contents watched and the gesture feature can also be used to play games on the TV as well. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store