Nesto to open new Bahrain outlet
Manama, June 25, 2012
Retail chain Nesto will be opening its sixth outlet in Bahrain, a 3,000 sq ft double-storey store on Thursday. It will be the company's 21st branch in the Middle East region.
The store located on the Shaikh Isa Avenue, Manama, next to the Pakistan Club, will house a supermarket and a departmental store, said Nesto Group Bahrain managing director Hashim Maniyoth.
"This will be our 21st branch in the Middle East and will focus on serving quality products at affordable prices to ensure that a broad cross section of the community would be able to benefit," he said.
"Our stores are designed as 'next door stores' for families living in the area," he said. "We focus on quality and try and ensure that there is parity in pricing structures between our and other retail outlets."
He said fresh vegetables and fruits would be made available at competitive rates.
"We have always been able to maintain our prices and profile among our target audience comprising Arabs, Indians, Pakistanis and a host of other nationalities."
The store will officially be opened by a child, winner of a raffle draw to be conducted for children an hour before the opening, said Maniyoth. "The winner will also be presented with a 51 gram gold bar," he added.
Earlier, Nesto Group of Companies' subsidiary Geepas Bahrain general manager Muhammed Haneef said since Bahrain was already saturated with large supermarkets, it would be appropriate to open smaller stores in several areas to easily serve people in those areas.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles
- Tecbuy expands store-in-store concept in UAE
- Samsung launches advanced Galaxy model