Bahrain traders pledge stable prices
Manama, June 24, 2012
The traders in Bahrain have confirmed continuous arrival of seasonal fruits and vegetables from Turkey, Saudi Arabia and other countries and pledged to maintain price stability in the Kingdom.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro on Saturday inspected Manama Central Market, Ramez Store in Manama, LuLu Hypermarket in Hidd, Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall to review the latest market conditions and the availability of food and consumer goods.
The visits were part of the ministry's efforts to review the latest developments in local markets and vital facilities.
At Manama Central Market, the minister was briefed on the availability of fruits and vegetables. Officials confirmed continuous arrival of seasonal fruits and vegetables from Turkey, Saudi Arabia and other countries and stable prices.
At the meat market, he was assured on the availability of sufficient stock of cattle for Ramadan.
During his tour of Ramez Store, the Minister was briefed on promotional offers and campaigns. Officials confirmed that all Ramez branches will step up campaigns for Ramadan.
At LuLu Hypermarket, officials outlined new promotional offers on many commodities.
The minister also visited Carrefour Hypermarket at the Bahrain City Centre where officials highlighted continuous promotions, pointing to the increase in the number of shoppers during weekends and evenings at shops, cinemas and restaurants.
At Seef Mall, officials assured him of the growing number of visitors in addition to sales and discounts which encouraged more shoppers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint