UAE to price commodities after key meeting
Abu Dhabi, June 19, 2012
The UAE will determine the prices of 1,650 basic commodities after the Consumer Protection Department (CPD) reaches an agreement with 320 outlets and cooperative societies, a report said.
“This is an annual initiative as last year the department fixed prices of 800 items and it posted the prices on the CPD’s website to allow customers to inspect them if overcharged,” Gulf News quoted the CPD as saying in a report.
“The department has reached a deal with the concerned parties to cooperate to prevent any price manipulation by closely monitoring sale of meat, vegetables, fish and chicken at all major retail outlets,” CPD said, according to the report.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off
- Acer launches new EMEA brand campaign