UAE to price commodities after key meeting
Abu Dhabi, June 19, 2012
The UAE will determine the prices of 1,650 basic commodities after the Consumer Protection Department (CPD) reaches an agreement with 320 outlets and cooperative societies, a report said.
“This is an annual initiative as last year the department fixed prices of 800 items and it posted the prices on the CPD’s website to allow customers to inspect them if overcharged,” Gulf News quoted the CPD as saying in a report.
“The department has reached a deal with the concerned parties to cooperate to prevent any price manipulation by closely monitoring sale of meat, vegetables, fish and chicken at all major retail outlets,” CPD said, according to the report.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Being Human launches women’s wear line
- River Island opens accessory store in Kuwait
- Samsung launches new Galaxy Tab 3 Series
- NY-style pizzeria to open ME outlets
- Axiom scoops retail award
- Galvanni unveils big DSS promotions
- Batelco offers Samsung Galaxy S4 4G LTE
- Axtrom launches new tablet PC range
- Nokia’s Asha smartphones add mail app
- Lufian makes DSS debut