Toys ‘R’ Us opens 2nd store in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, June 18, 2012
Toys “R” Us, a global toy and baby products retailer, has opened its second store in Abu Dhabi, its biggest in the UAE capital.
With the opening of the new store at Dalma Mall, the Al-Futtaim group company now has eight stores in the UAE and 15 across the Mena region.
The store offers a diverse and exclusive product range with an easy-to-shop floor layout. Also on hand are knowledgeable toy-trained staff members ready to help customers find the perfect toy.
The store, which is over 26,000 sq ft, stocks thousands of quality toys for boys and girls, the latest and hottest games, educational and developmental toys, sporting goods, electronics, software and baby products in addition to products from Toys “R” Us exclusive brands such as Bruin, Animal Alley, You & Me, Pavilion and Fast Lane.
The Babies “R” Us department offers a wide selection of products for newborns and infants, including cribs, furniture, car seats, strollers, high chairs, plush, safety gates, infant and pre-school toys, feeding accessories and day-to-day essentials including diapers, wet-wipes, lotions and creams. There is also a private mother and baby room where mums can care for their little ones.
Customers can also look out for the recently introduced fashionable collection of Babies “R” Us apparel for kids up to the age of five years.
The debut Babies “R” Us Spring/Summer Collection offers an adorable selection of stylish casuals, organic wear, cosy nightwear, layettes, comfortable underwear and trendy footwear for newborns to five year olds at prices starting at Dh10 ($2.72).
Along with the Babies “R” Us private label, the range includes collections from trusted and innovative lifestyle brands: Koala Baby Organic, Koala Baby, Koala Kids and Ladybird.
Troy Zunckel, general manager of Toys “R” Us said: “We are pleased to open the biggest toy store in Abu Dhabi – our second in the capital. The new Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us store in Dalma Mall will serve to satisfy the growing demand from our customers in Abu Dhabi while offering a unique and unrivalled toy shopping experience.”
“Customers will find the widest and safest collection of toys and games for kids of all ages and a great selection of baby products all at excellent value. From classic favourites to options for technology-driven entertainment on-the-go, our shelves are stocked with the latest, hottest and safest toys year-round. We invite all our customers to come and experience our newest store,” he added.
Robert Tannoury, property director of Dalma Mall, said: “Dalma Mall, with its wide array of retail outlets and entertainment attractions, has evolved as one of the definitive lifestyle destinations in Abu Dhabi, recording robust growth in visitor footfall.”
“We are looking at continuously enhancing the visitor experience, and the opening of the new Toys “R” Us store in the mall further adds to the choices in our retail portfolio. The store will be a huge draw for families wishing to pamper their little ones with their favourite toys.”
The new Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us store offers a fun interactive environment through its R Play section where children are encouraged to learn and play.
Customers to the new store will enjoy up to 50 per cent off thousands of quality toys, kids’ apparel and baby products as part of the Toys “R” Us and Babies “R” Us part-sale running until July 7.
The offer excludes diapers, the Johnson & Johnson range of baby essentials and products from the R-Zone/Electronics section. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet