Epson launches its mobile scanner in ME
Dubai, June 12, 2012
Epson has launched its first mobile scanner in the Middle East with the release of a portable A4 scanner, the company’s first model in a new range of scanners.
The WorkForce DS-30 will now give SoHos and large enterprise mobile workers the advantage of easy document management with the ability to simply and quickly digitize essential documents while out in the field or inside the office, a statement said.
Epson’s DS-30 weighs 325 grams and is presented with compact proportions, which makes it one of the world’s lightest business scanners in the market. Powered by USB 2.0, the new unit comes with a document management suite to deliver advanced features.
The EpsonScan software offers a wide range of functionality including searchable PDF, RGB colour dropout, auto de-skew, auto page size detection, secure PDF, text enhancement, auto area segmentation and punch hole removal.
The Abbyy Fine Reader software offers Optical Character Recognition and Presto! BizCard 5 helps manage business cards.
Khalil El-Dalu, general manager, Epson Middle East, said, ”The regional launch of the WorkForce DS-30 answers the demand for a lightweight mobile scanner that can be easily carried around especially during business events like trade shows, exhibitions and meetings.”
“With an interface that is both intuitive and quick to master, the user-friendly DS-30 will suit everyone from the beginner to the more advanced user. Wherever there is a need to scan and store paper documents such as business cards or signed forms, the DS-30 handles them without fuss.”
The DS-30 also works compatibly with the free download of Epson’s Document Capture Pro software from its website, which allows for seamless integration into any business workflow via the most common document management systems that utilize Windows.
Users can do more than just scan with it as, in combination with Document Capture Pro, the DS-30 offers many ‘scan-to’ functions, including scan-to-cloud, scan-to-email and scan-to-SharePoint alongside many other document imaging features such as a barcode recognition and a zonal OCR-A / B support. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices