Kuwait group seals Saudi retail store deal
Kuwait, June 11, 2012
MS Retail (MSR), a top developer of specialty retail and entertainment stores in Kuwait, has inked a SR80 million ($48 million) deal with Abdul Mohsen Al Hokair Company for Tourism and Development to open its flagship stores in Saudi Arabia.
As per the agreement, MSR and Saudi-based Al Hokair, a hospitality and entertainment group with significant operations in the GCC region, will jointly develop its flagship stores in key cities across Saudi Arabia under the 'Baroue' brand, said International Financial Advisors (Kuwait), the sole financial advisor to MSR on the deal.
Baroue is a unique concept developed and operated by MSR in Kuwait that integrates specialty retail and entertainment targeted at 12 year olds and under. These stores typically have areas exceeding 6,000 sq m and are located in prime malls, stated IFA.
On the partnership, Mohammed Al-Sayer, MSR chief executive officer said, 'Our Saudi partners have demonstrated the highest level of interest and cooperation in working together with us to procure the retail space and operational facilities needed for our expansion in Saudi.'
'We are excited and committed to working together with Al Hokair for many years to come,' he stated.
Jean Habre, the Al Hokair GM (entertainment) said: 'Al Hokair is a company dedicated to bringing to market the most successful and innovative entertainment concepts, and we view MSR as a credible and much desired partner with a portfolio comprising, among others, Minopolis, a unique metropolis designed for children between 4 and 12 years.'
'Both companies have similar philosophies when it comes to understanding the entertainment business, and we believe this will be key to the success of our joint efforts and projects,' he pointed out.
Bassel Attieh, the head of investments and executive vice president at IFA said, 'We are highly confident that MSR and Al Hokair's partnership in Saudi will develop into a very successful and profitable business.'
'Today's deal is another achievement for IFA's team of professionals who have yet again demonstrated their ability to structure, execute and raise financing for cross-border advisory mandates on behalf of clients,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait