Sharp unveils 80-inch touch panel display
Doha, June 11, 2012
Sharp Middle East has officially launched its large-screen interactive 80-inch touch-panel display designed for the needs of the modern work environment in Qatar.
The new screen was unveiled to partners during Sharp’s 'Bigger is Better' partner event held on Sunday in Doha.
The launch further enhances Sharp’s reputation as a world leader in large-screen interactive touch-panel display systems, said a senior company official at the event.
“Similar to what our innovative and industry-leading large-screen TVs are doing for the home, Sharp’s large-screen interactive touch-panel display systems are revolutionizing the workplace,” remarked Tomoo Shimizu, the director – Business Solutions Division, Sharp Middle East.
“The 80-inch unit provides endless collaboration, information and entertainment options and is a welcome addition to Sharp’s family of solutions designed to improve our workplace lives,” he stated.
The panel combines an interactive display with a well-designed, comprehensive system for uniquely collaborative sessions thus setting a new standard in price-performance for touch-screen displays, said Shimizu.
"This latest addition to Sharp’s evolving family of large panel touch-screen displays compliments the existing 60-inch and 70-inch models, allowing organizations to operate in a visual and truly collaborative way, creating a dynamic and interactive workplace experience," he noted.
'Designed to optimize and integrate a wide range of applications companies need in order to think big and disseminate information on a global scale – such as work group collaboration, video conferencing, interactive signage and video walls – the 80-inch panel delivers more than double the screen area of a 55-inch class display,' he explained.
'It is ideal for any setting that requires large-scale collaboration, information and/or entertainment options, including meeting rooms, office lobbies, schools, airports, malls, exhibition halls and hotels,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain