Jacky’s sees tourist influx boosting sales
Dubai, June 10, 2012
Jacky’s Electronics, a leading consumer electronics retailer in the UAE, is expecting an increase of customers buying or upgrading electronic products during this year’s shopping festival Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), said a top official.
This will be spurred on by influx of tourists throughout the season, new product launches that have happened in the region as well as the summer’s sporting calendar, said Ashish Panjabi, COO of Jacky’s Electronics.
“With the recent launch of the Samsung Galaxy SIII, the sales and interest in smartphones have increased across most of our outlets. New technology launches, such as the Galaxy SIII, are always a source of excitement for consumers and retailers alike especially as we move towards summer when people have more time to use them for leisure,” he added.
With the Euro 2012 football starting this month and the Olympics coming up next month, Jacky’s also expects TV sales to show more growth during a summer full of sporting activities.
“We expect that with the UAE team qualifying for the Olympics football tournament, interest in the Olympics within the region should be higher than we’ve normally seen,” said Panjabi.
The company also sees more customers getting electronic gadgets that will accompany them in their out-of-town trips or holiday getaways this summer. Among the gadgets that are usually in demand in this period are smartphones, televisions, digital cameras – SLR or compact-wise, tablets and ultrabooks, and handheld gaming devices.
“Customers are always planning to get away from the heat of Dubai during the summer season and people are not only looking for summer outfits and accessories but also getting the proper gadgets as well. Digital cameras are a must-have product to capture the memories of their trips with some buying underwater cameras for those who are heading to the beach.
“Tablets and ultrabooks are also good travel buddy due to their compact features allowing customers to bring them anywhere, while portable gaming devices keep restless kids occupied during the entire trip,” said Panjabi.
Completing the holiday getaway, Jacky’s is giving away new American Tourister travel cases for every purchase of Dh599 ($163) and above on the latest electronics gadgets and home appliances during this DSS. From June 7 to July 14, customers can choose from American Tourister travel case models ranging from spinner travel cases, duffle and wheel duffle depending on the purchase value.
“We are offering the best deals in town including innovative bundle offers every summer to give our shoppers a great treat. We always make sure to partner with leading brands to provide with the exciting products from well-known brands and the American Tourister is one of the best travel cases around the world,” Panjabi, added.
“With most of UAE residents planning a short holiday trip this summer, a new and durable travel case will give them an ideal accessory for the family or leisure traveller.”
In addition, customers buying any notebook or ultrabook powered by Intel between Dh2000 and above will get a Nokia Asha Smartphone free. There will also be exciting bundle offers across various products categories especially on laptops, DSLR cameras and smart phones.
During this period, customers can also avail the Easy Payment Installment Schemes at 0 per cent interest through participating banks.
Aside from these bundle offers, Jacky’s is also offering Extended Warranty scheme of up to four years on all products. Customers can also recycle their old electronic products through Jacky’s Eco-Exchange programme. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept