Sony launches Xperia U smartphone
Dubai, May 20, 2012
Sony Mobile Communications has launched the Xperia U in the Middle East, the latest in the next generation smartphones NXT series.
Incorporating the best of Sony technology and premium entertainment, the Xperia NXT series is a cornerstone of the brand’s connected experience, a statement from the company said. The phones allow consumers to enjoy and share content on a screen that best suits them such as the smartphone, TV, laptop or tablet.
The Xperia U’s new user interface (UI) follows the same design principle and enhances the Android experience – offering rich applications and content with a simple and clean look. The innovative album, video and music player functionalities deliver compelling entertainment experiences.
Xperia U boasts 3.5” reality display powered by Mobile Bravia Engine for razor-sharp clarity. Equipped with the fast capture facility, it takes the camera from sleep to snap mode in a little over a second with a single key press, the statement said.
Spyridon Gousetis, director of marketing, Sony Mobile Communications, Middle East and Africa, said: “The Xperia U is an extremely stylish phone that delivers the best in Sony’s iconic identity design philosophy. Packed with a range of distinctive features such as xLoud and Sony 3D surround sound audio technology, it offers a complete smartphone experience.”
With a transparent strip that illuminates to match the colour of photos viewed in the gallery, or the album art of music tracks currently playing, Xperia U can also be personalised with exchangeable caps and themes to reflect consumers’ personality and mood.
The smartphone additionally has a 1GHz dual-core processor for speedy performance, a 5MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images, it said.
Available in black and white colours at leading electronic stores in the UAE, the Xperia is priced at Dh1,199 ($326.4).
Operating on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread), the Xperia U will receive an upgrade to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) in the third quarter of 2012, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices