RIM unveils 'most affordable' smartphone
Dubai, May 16, 2012
Research In Motion (RIM) has announced the launch of its most affordable BlackBerry 7 smartphone for customers in the UAE.
Designed to be both easy to use and easy to own, the compact and sleek BlackBerry Curve 9220 smartphone offers customers a combination of features and apps to help them stay connected to the people and information that matter most throughout their day, a statement from RIM said.
Sandeep Saihgal, managing director, Middle East, RIM, said: “The new BlackBerry Curve 9220 is a great upgrade for current feature-phone users looking for their first smartphone. It delivers all the unique messaging and social-centric features that people love about the BlackBerry solution and at a wonderfully affordable price.'
Running on BlackBerry 7.1 OS, the Curve 9220 supports the full complement of BlackBerry services. It features a dedicated BBM key, which brings RIM’s popular mobile social network up in an instant.
The Facebook and Twitter for BlackBerry apps are included, as well as Social Feeds 2.0, which allows customers to post updates to multiple social applications simultaneously and capture updates from news sources (RSS), social apps and instant messaging apps all in one consolidated view.
It also includes a built-in FM radio, allowing users to tune into their favourite local stations without incurring any data charges.
The user experience with smartphone is further enhanced with the longest lasting battery life yet in a BlackBerry Curve model, offering up to 7 hours of talk time or up to 28 hours of FM radio listening or music playback on headphones.
The BlackBerry Curve 9220 is now available from authorised retailers and distributors in the UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices