Fujifilm launches new X-Series camera
Manama, April 25, 2012
Fujifilm, a global leader in imaging technology, has launched the fourth premium camera from its X-Series, the XS-1, in Bahrain.
Built in Japan, the new camera’s body has a high-quality look and feel with metal dials, a rubberised coating and superior handling characteristics, a statement said.
The X-S1 offers a high-quality Fujinon 26x optical zoom lens as well as the EXR sensor taken from the X10.
“The X-Series has been hugely successful globally and with the addition of the X-S1, we have a complete range of premium cameras catering to every kind of photographer,” said Keitaro So, general manager, Fujifilm Electronics Imaging Division, Mena.
“Following the success of the X100, X10 and X-Pro1 in the region, we are anticipating a positive response for the X-S1 as well. The super zoom capability is the unique feature in this camera which I feel photographers will be most interested in.”
The centrepiece of the X-S1 is the Fujinon 26x optical zoom lens. Offering a range of 24-624mm (35mm equivalent), it features a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture at the wide-angle setting.
This optical range is boosted further by Fujifilm’s Intelligent Digital Zoom capability, which effectively doubles the focal range without the drop in picture quality normally associated with digital zoom functions. As a result, the X-S1 offers users an incredible 52x zoom range of 24-1248mm (35mm equivalent).
The X-S1 offers a combination of high quality electronic viewfinder and rear LCD to ensure easy composing of images, regardless of the lighting conditions.
The 0.47-inch electronic viewfinder (EVF) features 1.44 million pixels for image clarity and has a wide viewing area of 26 degrees to reduce eye strain. The bright EVF makes it easy to check settings or adjust focus manually. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi