Saudi cosmetics spend seen at $2.66bn
Riyadh, April 19, 2012
Women in Saudi Arabia could be spending more than SR10 billion ($2.66 billion) on cosmetics annually in a few years from now, a report said.
"The steady rise of beauty sector in the Middle East, with the biggest contribution from Saudi Arabia, really tells the story of how much the consumers of this market have grown," Md. Sohrab Ali, media director of Pixel Arabia, was quoted as saying by Arab News.
Women in Saudi Arabia, among the most beauty conscious in the Middle East region, fuel the sales of beauty and personal care products and also spend a lot at beauty parlours, the report quoted Ali.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE