Carrefour launches loyalty programme
Dubai, April 14, 2012
Carrefour, the world’s second largest retailer, operating in the region through a joint venture with Majid Al Futtaim Group, has launched a loyalty programme in the UAE offering points on purchases made at its stores.
“We are launching our MyCLUB loyalty programme - the first of its kind for the hypermarket sector in the region,” said Henry Changeux, GCC country head of Carrefour.
“This programme, combined with our increasing store footprint and continued commitment to value, quality, convenience and choice, is placing Carrefour at the forefront of the retail industry in the Middle East.”
The Carrefour MyCLUB loyalty card is free of charge and is available upon request in any Carrefour Hypermarket and Carrefour Market supermarket for customers over 21 years of age.
It is one loyalty account number per household and the subscriber will be issued with four physical cards – one larger card for the subscriber and three smaller cards for other members of the household.
Shoppers can earn one point for every Dh10 spent in store and once they reach 500 points, they will automatically receive a Dh50 voucher to redeem against their next purchase.
“We successfully trialed our MyCLUB loyalty card with customers at our Carrefour Market Al Fardan, Carrefour Hypermarket Century Mall and Mirdif City Centre branches at the end of last year and the feedback we received was very positive – we are proud to be in a position to now roll out this initiative to all of our customers in the UAE. In addition to redeemable vouchers, participants will also receive loyalty card offers,” Changeux added.
Once the customer has collected their MyCLUB loyalty card, they must register the card on the loyalty website, carrefourmyclub.com or in-store by completing a Carrefour MyCLUB registration form online.
Currently, cardholders cannot earn points when purchasing gift cards, pharmacy, extended warranty, Nol, Salik, Etisalat and Du in Carrefour stores, a statement said.
Majid Al Futtaim, a leading shopping concept developer, first introduced the Carrefour model to the Middle East in 1995. There are currently 17 Carrefour hypermarkets and 19 supermarkets in the UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder