Samsung launches ‘Smart Camera’ range
Cairo, April 12, 2012
Samsung Electronics has launched its 2012 Smart Camera line-up, the industry’s most advanced range to date in terms of internet connection.
The new range of travel zoom cameras comes with further enhanced optical zoom and image quality.
It is also equipped with Wi-Fi capability to facilitate sharing and saving images. With light and durable bodies, the new zoom series from Samsung makes photography experience simpler, smarter and more sociable, a statement from the company said.
“As a leader in the electronic industry, Samsung is constantly keen to provide users with cutting edge, innovative products. Over the past years, Samsung has been able to stand out in the digital imaging market in Egypt, ranking first in terms of local market share,” said Duke Park, general manager, Samsung Egypt.
“We added ground-breaking Wi-Fi functions to our travel zoom series, building on the unique images provided by the high-quality sensors and zoom lenses feature in the range,” he said. “We were the first company to bring together these high quality imaging technologies and in doing so, we pioneered the self-capturing and internet connection options.”
The cutting edge range enables users to capture incredible detail through the advanced zoom lenses; making it simple to get up-close shots that were once out of reach, the statement said.
Samsung is pioneering in offering a number of features for the first time in its history including the WB150F, which is equipped with 18x optical super zoom lenses as well as a resolution of 14.2 megapixels, it said.
The innovative range also includes the WB850F camera, with the 21x optical zoom and a resolution of 16.2 megapixels. It also features pioneering BSI CMOS sensor technology to reduce image noise and distortion, even in low light conditions.
The ST200F features a 10x optical zoom lenses.
This crystal-clear detail can then be experienced in all its clarity on the 3.0” VGA AMOLED screen featured on both models.
The WB150F features a ‘remote viewfinder’ application, where users can control the camera, even from 10 meters away, by using their smartphone.
Available for selective smartphones, the application allows to preview images, adjust camera settings, zoom in and out, frame the scene, and tag the shot with the location — all using phone, wirelessly. – TradeArabia News Service
Samsung is currently offering the WB150F camera in the Egyptian market.
Other state-of-the-art models including WB850F and ST200F will be available locally later during 2012. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal