Canon names new president & CEO for EMEA
Dubai, April 2, 2012
Canon, a global leader in imaging solutions, has appointed Rokus van Iperen as the new president and CEO of Canon Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
He becomes the first European to lead Canon’s business across the EMEA region, succeeding Ryoichi Bamba, who is retiring after four years in the role and 40 years with Canon.
Van Iperen moves to his new role from within the Canon Group, having served as chairman & CEO of Océ NV since 1999. Océ NV was acquired by Canon in March 2010.
“I am honoured to be the first European to assume leadership of Canon’s business in the EMEA region,” said van Iperen.
“I have always admired Canon for its world-class track record in innovation and strong business performance. After working closely with Canon over the last few years, I look forward to overseeing the integration of Canon and Océ in EMEA, and to driving continued business growth for Canon throughout the region.”
Van Iperen joined Océ in 1978. He served as managing director of Océ-Belgium NV from 1992 until being appointed to the executive board of Océ NV in 1995.
He is a graduate in mechanical engineering from the Technical University of Eindhoven. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- BlackBerry 10 Jam in Jordan
- Majid Al Futtaim to buy Carrefour's 25pc stake
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project