Canon names new president & CEO for EMEA
Dubai, April 2, 2012
Canon, a global leader in imaging solutions, has appointed Rokus van Iperen as the new president and CEO of Canon Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
He becomes the first European to lead Canon’s business across the EMEA region, succeeding Ryoichi Bamba, who is retiring after four years in the role and 40 years with Canon.
Van Iperen moves to his new role from within the Canon Group, having served as chairman & CEO of Océ NV since 1999. Océ NV was acquired by Canon in March 2010.
“I am honoured to be the first European to assume leadership of Canon’s business in the EMEA region,” said van Iperen.
“I have always admired Canon for its world-class track record in innovation and strong business performance. After working closely with Canon over the last few years, I look forward to overseeing the integration of Canon and Océ in EMEA, and to driving continued business growth for Canon throughout the region.”
Van Iperen joined Océ in 1978. He served as managing director of Océ-Belgium NV from 1992 until being appointed to the executive board of Océ NV in 1995.
He is a graduate in mechanical engineering from the Technical University of Eindhoven. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range