Samsung unveils key products at forum
Amman, April 1, 2012
Samsung Electronics showcased its diverse array of new products at the company's Mena regional forum in Istanbul and also shared the company's strategy for the region.
Embracing its new guiding philosophy of “Pushing Boundaries,” the company shared its strategy to expand its European market and deliver connectivity and content across multiple devices – from TVs to mobile phones, tablets to Notebook PCs and cameras to home appliances.
“More than ever, consumers are leading dynamic lifestyles that require technology to enrich and accommodate their lives,” remarked Kyung Tae Bae, the president of Samsung Electronics Mena.
“We will achieve this through new product innovations, continued investment in research and development, and by driving corporate and social responsibility programs in the Mena region,” he added.
In 2011, Samsung Electronics achieved record sales of $143 billion. In the Mena region alone, the company achieved 44 per cent growth despite the turbulent times.
“Our strategy for growth in Mena and around the world will be to focus on B2B and becoming a holistic solutions provider,” Bae said.
“We will create a dedicated B2B organization with localized solutions, targeting fields such as banking, insurance, healthcare and education with products linked to business aspirations such as mobility, security, analytics and data,” he stated.
Additionally, Samsung launched a worldwide CSR platform, Samsung Hope for Children, supporting this initiative in 12 countries within the Mena region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder