Dalma Mall, Alshaya to open 37 retail shops
Dubai, March 22, 2012
Dalma Mall, a leading shopping destination in Abu Dhabi, has signed a leasing agreement with Alshaya, a major international franchise operator, to open 37 new retail outlets in the mall.
Under the agreement, Dalma Mall will house a wide range of brands, spanning over 173,000 sq ft of retail space. Representing approximately 11 per cent of the total leasable area of Dalma Mall, the new brands will encompass fashion, lifestyle and F&B outlets, with many making their presence in the capital for the first time, a statement said.
Due to open in the last quarter of 2012, the stores occupying the mall will feature top names in clothing and accessories.
Rashid Doleh, executive director of Dalma Mall, said: “The partnership with the Alshaya Group underscores Dalma Mall’s commitment to provide visitors and residents of Abu Dhabi with an unparalleled shopping experience, by bringing some of the world’s foremost retail brands under one roof. Alshaya’s repertoire of brands is a strong draw for our visitors, and this is reflected in the extensive retail mix that Dalma Mall will offer.
'With the sequence of events and rapid rate of progress, Dalma Mall now represents the most promising investment opportunity for the region’s retail community for the immediate future in the capital.”
He added: “We are extremely encouraged by the current average daily footfall of over 15,000 visitors which reaches over 19,000 on weekends. We expect this to increase dramatically as more stores open. With a gross leasable area of 1.6 million sq ft, Dalma Mall delivers to the capital city a unique collection of synergetic brands and a truly world-class retail consumer experience.”
John Hadden, senior vice president, Retail Property for Alshaya, said: “Alshaya is delighted to confirm its partnership with one of the UAE’s most important new malls and we look forward to introducing some exciting retail concepts to Abu Dhabi.”
“We know that our mix of leading international brands will appeal to local shoppers and their presence in the mall will support Dalma Mall’s goal of creating a dynamic retail destination for its visitors,” he added.
With over 60 percent of its total leasable area of 1.6 million sq feet already leased, Dalma Mall has signed strategic partnerships with major groups such as Apparel, Landmark Group and Al Futtaim, among others.
Recording an average month-on-month footfall growth of 35 per cent, Dalma Mall is all set to register a surge in visitor turnout with a large number of anchor stores opening later this year including Marks and Spencer, BHS and Toys R Us, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait