LG to invest in smart appliances
Dubai, March 13, 2012
LG Electronics will make strong investments in smart appliances, aiming to achieve double digit sales growth, as a part of its home appliance business strategies for 2012.
D Y Kim, president of LG Electronics Gulf, said the company’s primary goal for the year is to strengthen its business foundations so that it can achieve the top position in their home appliance category by 2014.
In order to achieve the objective, it plans to enhance its competitive advantage in the refrigerator and washing machine segments and make strong investments in smart appliances, said a statement.
“Despite the global economic downturn, LG aims to achieve double digit sales growth rate this year,” Kim said.
“To accelerate our performance and growth amidst the global economic challenges, we will pursue value-oriented qualitative growth with a greater focus on products and businesses with higher profitability potential,” he added. “The competition is more intense but with a proactive investment strategy and progressive development of technologies with solid growth potential, we believe we can elevate the standards of the appliance market.”
“LG is pushing the boundaries of smart appliances with new and improved Smart ThinQ technology, offering enhanced convenience and smarter savings. The upgraded smart manager introduced at this year’s CES help consumers maintain their daily nutritional balance and greatly enhance convenience in the kitchen,” Kim said.
LG’s unique health manager feature offers specific, nutritious meal plans and recipes of up to a week based on a family’s profile and medical conditions, while smart shopping offers online grocery shopping directly from the refrigerator’s LCD panel, or by smartphone.
“LG’s smart appliances, combined with the upgraded Smart ThinQ technology, will continue to position the company as the leader in consumer-oriented, ultra-convenient appliances. Followed by the successful introduction of four smart appliances in 2011, LG plans to gradually extend its line-up of smart appliances in the near future.”
In addition, the company will continue to provide upgraded premium lines of its representative energy efficient yet large-capacity refrigerators equipped with LG’s linear compressor and washing machines equipped with the inverter direct drive motor, the statement said.
“In 2012, LG aims to be the top selling washing machine brand in the globe for the fifth consecutive year, as it has done since 2008. Refrigerator production is expected to ten million units for the third consecutive year. The overall productivity is expected to increase with continuous innovation,” Kim said.
In developed markets, LG will adhere to the energy standards of the North American, European and other developed markets by introducing washing machines equipped with the inverter direct drive motor which consumes less energy compared to conventional LG models. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet