Bahrain retailers highlight new promotions
Manama, February 26, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday visited Manama Central Market and other retail establishments as part of efforts to enhance control and ensure availability of food and basic commodities at reasonable prices.
The Minister also visited Al Muntazah and Megamart supermarkets besides Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall.
During his visit to Manama Central Market, the minister was briefed by traders about the availability of vegetables and fruits at stable prices, stressing that market movement has completely returned to normal.
Bahrain Livestock Company general manager Ibrahim Salman confirmed that there was enough supply of cattle, praising the minister's role in enhancing stock and providing full support.
At Al Muntazah and Megamart supermarkets, he was briefed on the promotional campaigns aimed to attract consumers. During his visit to the Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall, the minister was briefed on the rising number of visitors and increased sale.
He also reviewed upgraded facilities at the Seef Mall, especially the food court.
Seef Properties general manager Robert Addison highlighted promotional discounts aimed at attracting visitors and shoppers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- BlackBerry 10 Jam in Jordan
- Majid Al Futtaim to buy Carrefour's 25pc stake
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project