Bahrain retailers highlight new promotions
Manama, February 26, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro yesterday visited Manama Central Market and other retail establishments as part of efforts to enhance control and ensure availability of food and basic commodities at reasonable prices.
The Minister also visited Al Muntazah and Megamart supermarkets besides Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall.
During his visit to Manama Central Market, the minister was briefed by traders about the availability of vegetables and fruits at stable prices, stressing that market movement has completely returned to normal.
Bahrain Livestock Company general manager Ibrahim Salman confirmed that there was enough supply of cattle, praising the minister's role in enhancing stock and providing full support.
At Al Muntazah and Megamart supermarkets, he was briefed on the promotional campaigns aimed to attract consumers. During his visit to the Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall, the minister was briefed on the rising number of visitors and increased sale.
He also reviewed upgraded facilities at the Seef Mall, especially the food court.
Seef Properties general manager Robert Addison highlighted promotional discounts aimed at attracting visitors and shoppers.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal