Asus LED projector wins design award
Dubai, February 14, 2012
Asus, the Taiwan-based computer products maker, has won the 2012 iF Design Gold Award for its P1 portable LED projector.
A total of 2,923 entries from 16 categories were put under the jury’s microscope this year, with 863 products being awarded the iF label — a symbol for outstanding design.
However, only sixty of these made the grade for the coveted iF Gold Award.
The ultra-slim P1 portable projector features a flip-out stand and precision lens for hassle-free setups; as well as an intuitive user interface and a control panel designed for quick access to basic functions.
The projector, which powers up in five seconds, is rated at 200 ANSI lumens and has a mercury-free Eco-LED light source that projects visuals in HD 1280x800. A short throw ratio of 1.16:1 delivers HD projections the size of a 40-inch display if the P1 is just a meter from the screen.
An Auto Keystone Correction feature detects the P1’s orientation and corrects distorted trapezoid images. It also has an instant height adjustable flip-down stand.
The lightweight, ultra-slim P1 works with most Asus notebook AC power adapters so the notebook and projector share a single power adapter to form the ideal business presentation combo, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder