Samsung unveils new notebook Series 9
Amman, February 7, 2012
Samsung Electronics, a global leader in digital media, unveiled the second generation of the Samsung Notebook Series 9 at the recent International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
The new Series 9 features the world’s thinnest and most compact chassis, a statement said.
Its unique design and innovative engineering breaks all common perceptions of premium notebook PCs. Key components such as the LCD panel, keyboard, motherboard, cables, fans and battery have been customised with precision to fit into the Series 9’s extra flat single shell body, it added.
“The new Samsung Notebook Series 9 represents the ultimate in Samsung craftsmanship towards precision engineering and premium design. The new Series 9 embodies the originality and heritage of its predecessor while eliminating unnecessary factors,” said Seongwoo Nam, executive vice president and head of the IT Solutions Business at Samsung Electronics.
“The refined aerodynamic design of the new Series 9 represents the best of Samsung’s design with top performance and functionality.”
Samsung’s MaxScreen technology has been implemented to minimize the bezel size while maximizing the screen up to an inch more.
For the first time, the new Samsung Series 9 offers the world’s thinnest and most compact 15-inch premium notebook, featuring a vivid 15-inch display fitted into a stylish 14-inch chassis.
The truly flat 14.9mm (0.58 inch) thin design weighing 1.59kg (3.5 lbs) makes the 15-inch Series 9 almost 50 per cent more compact than any existing 15-inch thin and light notebooks, the statement said.
The 13-inch Series 9 measures only 12.9mm (0.5 inch) and weighs 1.16kg (2.6 lbs) – 28 per cent smaller than its previous model.
Power and performance are assured with a 2nd generation Intel Core i5/i7 processor, 4GB/8GB memory and 128GB/256GB SSD. Thanks to Samsung Fast Solutions, the new Series 9 boots in 9.8 seconds, Fast Start ensures a 1.4-second wake-up while Fast Browsing provides a 2-times faster web browsing.
Also, the new 15-inch Series 9’s battery lasts up to 10 hours, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal